Children & babies
Babies, children and teens... travel formalities differ for passengers ages 0 to 18 years. Find all the information you need here to make your trip child’s play!
Dans le contexte de la situation sanitaire actuelle, consultez nos nouvelles mesures préventives liées au voyage des enfants non accompagnés (UM).
Any child under 12 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years years old (exception made for the mother, father or legal guardian).
The child and their companion must travel in the same travel compartment.
The minor traveling with his parents or a person exercising parental authority, who must be in possession of the following documents:
- Valid national identity card or Livret de famille
- Minor’s passport, both valid and in their name or Livret de famille
As of January 15 2017, any minor child (under 18 years old) traveling abroad* alone or with a third party (or with parent of a different name) must have:
- Their valid national identity card or passport registered in their name + potential visa depending on destination
- A photocopy of their national identity card or passport registered in the name of the parent or legal guardian
Travel authorization form from the territory signed by one of the parents or legal guardians.
*Note that this does not apply to the French Antilles.
No waiver will be accepted and the passenger will not be allowed to travel if these conditions are not met.
The company assumes no liability for non-compliance.
Terms and conditions depending on the age of the minor
Considered as babies are all children not yet having reached the age of two at the time the journey commences.
- If the child is aged below 2 years on both departure and return,the baby fare applies on round trips.
- If the third birthday occurs during the journey, the baby fare (-2 years) applies on the outbound flight and the child fare (2 to 12 years) applies on the inbound flight.
One baby only per companion aged at least 18 years (exception granted for the mother, the father, or the legal guardian),
One adult may not travel with 2 babies, in order to comply with safety standards.
- Babies must hold a ticket to travel. Babies do not get assigned seats.
- ID is mandatory for babies.
- The adult accompanying the baby must have received an assigned seat upon booking. It is mandatory for them to be seated:
- For seating along the walls: facing the crib.
- For mezzanine seating: underneath the crib.
- One baby per block of seating (except for couple with twins) except at the emergency exits.
Number of babies accepted with a crib: 6 on A350 and A330 aircraft
Reserved seating onboard the A350: 1E - 5E - 11BEFJ
Reserved seating onboard the A330-200: 1A - 5BJ - 12CH - 32D.
Reserved seating onboard the A330-300: 1E - 5B - 12E - 29H - 32E - 41C.
No reserved seating onboard the ATR.
Number of babies accepted without a crib: 14 on the A330 and A350 aircraft, 8 on the ATR
Reserved seating onboard the A350: 14CH - 16CH - 21CH - 25CH - 29C - 34CH - 37C - 40CH.
Reserved seating onboard the A330-200: 1A - 5BJ - 11D - 12CH - 16CH - 20CH - 24CH - 29BJ - 32D - 34BJ - 36D - 41DJ.
Reserved seating onboard the A330-300: 1E - 5D - 12E - 14CH - 16CH - 21CH - 25CH - 29CH - 32E - 34CH - 37C - 40CH - 41C.
Reserved seating onboard the ATR: 4F - 5F - 5A - 6A - 7A - 8A - 9A - 10A.
Must be accompanied by their parents (father, mother, legal guardian) or entrusted to a companion.
Considered as companions:
- All passengers aged at least eighteen years and designated by the parent.
- If the person accompanying the child is not the person invested with parental authority, the parents (father, mother, or legal guardian) must exempt the airline from all liability and the companion must then sign acceptance of responsibility.
- Strollers and car seats must be checked in and protected by a plastic bag (on the basis of an excess baggage fee for children).
- ID is mandatory.
- Children must hold a ticket to travel.
An unaccompanied minor (UM) is a child traveling alone and aged from 4 to 11 (inclusive).
An Air Caraïbes agent will accompany the UM from the airport to the airplane, meet them upon exit, and take them to the persons in charge of collecting them. Individual attention will also be paid to them onboard.
Note: booking of UM tickets follows a special fare structure and is subject to quotas.
- UM must hold a ticket to travel.
- UM ticket bookings can only be made in Soleil class and are subject to quotas. Hold baggage allowance: 1 baggage item at 50 lb
- UM may not be accompanied by animals in the cabin. They may not be holders of TGV AIR tickets. No UM outbound / inbound at Port-au-Prince.
- UM can only be booked on our direct flights.
- Air Caraïbes does not take responsibility for UM in transit or transfer between Orly Ouest and Orly Sud.
- The companion of the UM (at departure) must remain present at the airport until the airplane has taken off.
- Companions at departure and arrival will be asked for ID, bearing the names/addresses/telephone numbers appearing within the booking.
- The shoes of the UM must fit their feet securely for questions at security. Flip-flops, clogs, or any other shoes of this type are strictly prohibited.
- 12 UM authorized onboard the A330-200 per flight. Position onboard: from 14EF to 19EF.
- 16 UM authorized onboard the A330-300 per flight. Position onboard: from 14EFto 19EF - 34EF and 35EF.
A UMZZ is a passenger traveling alone and aged from 12 to 16 (inclusive).
An Air Caraïbes agent will accompany the UMZZ from the airport to the airplane, meet them upon exit, and take them to the persons in charge of collecting them. Individual attention will also be paid to them onboard.
Note: reservation of UMZZ tickets follows a special fare structure and is subject to quotas.
- UMZZ must hold a ticket to travel.
- UMZZ ticket bookings can only be made in Soleil class.
- Hold baggage allowance: 2 baggage items at 23 kg.
- UMZZ may be accompanied by animals in the cabin. They may not be holders of TGV AIR tickets. No UMZZ outbound / inbound at Port-au-Prince.
- UMZZ can only be booked on our direct flights.
- UMZZ bookings are only available on Air Caraïbes flights (with the exclusion of code-share flights) and are not available on connecting flights.
- The shoes of the UMZZ must fit their feet securely for questions at security. Flip-flops, clogs, or any other shoes of this type are strictly prohibited.
All persons of foreign or dual nationality must accept the sole application of French law while on French territory.
- If they are traveling with a third party: National identity card or valid passport.
- If they are traveling with parents of a different name: National identity card or valid passport.
In all these cases, parents will be asked to provide proof of relationship.